Full Stack Software Engineer
Unagi Scooters is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to help us grow our software offerings.
Unagi Scooters is redesigning urban, local travel. We offer the Unagi Model One, a high performance electric scooter for high performance people. The award-winning Model One enables people to explore their cities in a smarter, more sustainable way, with no sacrifice for style.
We want to augment our Unagi rider experience with mobile applications that are beautiful and easy to use, with the ability to deliver a best-in-class combination of vehicle and software to our customers.
You have the opportunity to build the unique Unagi mobile experience from the ground up. What are you waiting for?
What you’ll do:
- Work with Product and Design to turn assets into full-fledged mobile applications on iOS and Android, as well as IoT cloud and web applications.
- Connect to our top-of-the-line vehicles to offer riders an unprecedented level of control in their riding experience.
- Build a strong server-side infrastructure that connects all aspects of the customer experience (from purchase through to ride) to improve riding (and shopping for your ride and accessories) over time.
- Deploy and maintain our mobile applications suite in concert with ongoing company initiatives in hardware and software advancements -- which means working on exciting new feature development for future release.
The ideal candidate has the following skills and experience:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Cross-platform development (e.g. Xamarin, React Native)
- Familiarity with mobile languages, e.g. Swift and Kotlin/Java
- Backend stack development (e.g. Java, C/C++)
- SQL / MySQL
- Experience with hardware / IoT interfaces
- Bluetooth and Bluetooth security
- Experience integrating with real-time hardware systems
Bonus if the candidate has the following skills and experience:
- Data collection pipeline for Machine Learning / Deep Learning applications
- Working with large data sets
- Writing safety-critical code
- Experience in the automotive or electric mobility industries
- Experience in the autonomous vehicle industry
Unagi Scooters is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
Interested? Please email Golly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Full Stack Software Engineer".
Serious inquiries only. Position is remote and FTE, located in US or Canada.